Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cool Whip Cookie Cake

Today I'm sharing one of the best summer desserts in the history of summer desserts- Cool Whip Cookie Cake! I have so many memories of my Mom making this dessert as a kid and it being brought to summer gatherings. Kids love it and adults might love it even more since its so easy!


Ingredients for a Large Cake:
-2 Packages of Chips Ahoy Cookies
-2 Containers of Cool Whip (I bought an extra but didn't need it)
-2 Cups of Milk
-Berries for topping (optional)


Directions:
-Dip each cookie quickly in and out of milk, and lay them across bottom of dish so it is completely lined with cookies.
-Next, add a layer of Cool Whip- enough to cover the cookies completely
-Repeat for additional layers, ending with Cool Whip on top (Mine had three layers)
-Refrigerate for several hours to set
-Top with berries if desired!



Hope you enjoy!

10 comments:

Mrs. Type A said...

Very cute and this sounds delish and easy!

April of Smidge Of This said...

This looks incredible ... what a fun summer dessert. I'm coming over! :)

Pris said...

Looks absolutely delicious and seems pretty easy to make! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth | The Blush Magnolia said...

Oh my goodness! This looks incredible!

Nat said...

Yum this sounds so delicous!!

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness, can't go wrong with those ingredients! Looks delicious!

pam {simple details} said...

I can't believe I've never had that, definitely going on my to-do list! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

KatiePerk said...

My Grandmother used to make this for us when we were young! I loved it. She didn't do the flag/berries thing. Now I must make this soon! Thanks for sharing and reminding me!!

natasha {schue love} said...

Such a fun idea...and easy too! Must try soon!