Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Finds 7.5.13

Songza for Babies...
Our little guy is beginning his first stage of teething. Yikes. Where have I been? I just wasn't expecting it so soon. I still think he is a newborn most of the time. I love the songza app on my iphone and I found this station that he seems to enjoy. Funny thing is, I don't mind it much either. #crazy. It is called Children's Instrumental Bedtime Tunes. There are lots of songs I recognize that aren't just lullabies. 


Cool Whip and Cookie Cake
Who wants the recipe?!? This is hands down one of the best things you will ever devour. It's just insanely good. I usually don't decorate it with an American flag, that is totally optional to make it fitting for the other 364 days of the year!


Movin' and Shakin'
Weeks is loving his new found favorite move on his back. We say he's doing crunches. He loves to pull his legs up, followed by a smile. I think he's working on those muscles for rolling over next! Yay! 


Favorite Fish Recipe
One of my most pinned recipes from the old blog, we made this Heavenly Broiled Grouper this week. I forgot how tasty it is! I love working seafood into the menu for a lighter dinner. If you don't have grouper I think you could use any other white fish. Yummy yum yum.


...That I mentioned last Friday. Try it, thats all I'm gonna say. My sister has been saying make it again since we made it last Friday. Fresh and fruity. I used chardonnay because I'm not a big sauv blanc fan. I'm sure it's great that way. 


And I'm linking up with the lovely ladies of Five on Friday, of course!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG   

Wishing y'all a fabulous weekend.

4 comments:

HMK0217 said...

I tried this recipe and the fish was a little "wet" for my taste. Yours looks perfect in the picture. Any tips?

the tichenor family said...

Hi there!! I'm a friend of Darci's and just popped over from the 5 on Friday link up. Your sweet boy is so precious!! I have three! :) And that sangria looks AMAZING. Yum! Best summer beverage. Happy 4th of July weekend!

Unknown said...

Stopping by from 5 on Friday's to say hi!

Sangria, that has been the main thing I have been missing since being PG and that sangria looks so amazing. Yummy!

Natasha said...

So glad you called out a fun station on Songza that isn't super kiddie/annoying...much appreciated mama!!

hope the teething troubles don't hit you and sweet weeks too hard...it gets easier i promise!