Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our Summer Porch

Welcome to our summer porch!

Ahem. I realize we are now approaching fall.

Stephen and I treated ourselves to a new swing and table set for our Anniversary this year. I bought this set locally, but I know they are available in tons of outdoor furniture shops. I wanted a set that didn't require a custom cushion like many of the thick cushions you see at Home Depot, Lowes etc. Since we live at the coast, our cushions may only last one season and those bad boys are way too expensive to replace/recover! These are a box edge set in canvas white. I'm hoping I can squeeze a few seasons out of them. Since these are white, I can always switch up pillows and mix it up for fall!




-the potting bench-
Updated with a starburst mirror and foxtail fern.
I have loved using this to cut flowers all summer!
It's perfect for bringing in vegetables too.
I would like to add some blue and white planters to this scene in the future- but I'm waiting for a good deal.


This is actually a "bistro set" which I like because the chairs are comfortable enough for just hanging around, relaxing with out having to feel like you are sitting in a seat made for a table. But when we do want to eat outside- which we have done many times- it is nice to have the table for two! The table looks smaller in the picture than it really is, we can comfortably fit dinner for two {plus Weeks in the future!} here. I bought the rug last year on Overstock.com. Pillows are all Surya.





This is a mix of a charger {Tuesday Morning}, our everyday dishes {Vietri} and a melamine plate from Target. I think it is the perfect mix for outdoors! For this I just wrapped two paper napkins in each napkin ring- paper is realistic for outdoors, am I right?





-Outdoor String Globe Lights-
Our newest improvement!
We love the lights- Stephen hung them with a simple eye hook.




Come sit a while- and have a glass of chardonnay with me too! 

24 comments:

In the Pink said...

I love this! You did a fabulous job!!!!

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

Wow your porch looks great! Love all the blue and white and that porch swing will be fun for you and Weeks to swing in and nap! xo

Mrs. Type A said...

Wow I love everything about this!!!

pam {simple details} said...

Wow, Katie what a beautiful space you created, it all came together perfectly ~ love the prints on your pillows! I'd accept an invite for wine and a little Weeks squeeze in a heartbeat! :)

Miss Southern Prep said...

So pretty! I love all of the blue and white!

All Things Cherish said...

Wow, beautiful porch! So cheery & inviting yet calming. Love the pillows!

CALLIE said...

Awww, I love this space!! So fun. You have such great taste :)

KatiePerk said...

Such a pretty porch! Good job!! I love your vietri dishes!

Meggan said...

So gorgeous! I love the colors and your pillow fabric is amazing!

April of Smidge Of This said...

That is just gorgeous! Totally coming over for a glass of chard :)

Happily Ever Parker said...

This looks awesome! So cozy and I love that starburst mirror!

Happily Ever Parker said...

This looks awesome! So cozy and I love that starburst mirror!

Unknown said...

This is so charming! Looks very cozy and the wine is a plus too! I like your style! Cheers!

Tracy Lyons said...

I love your porch! We are in the process of building a new addition and I am SO excited to start decorating. Picking furniture is hard, but I'm loving your bistro set!

Where did you get your potting bench? I love it!

Ashley Carole (Sweet Carolina Belle) said...

I love the wicker and the blue accents. This is a similar theme to what I had envisioned for our porch!

Natasha said...

i am absolutely LOVING the outdoor space!!! it looks incredible...and p.s. those patterned plates are AMAZING

Anonymous said...

oohhh I love the blue and white!!

Nat said...

Gorgeous! I love all the blue and white- and your patio set looks some comfy- perfect place to relax with a glass of chard

Maalaimalar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
megan said...

Gorgeous! I would spend every morning and evening out there!

Katherine said...

I love all the blue and white. I wish I had a nice summer space like this at my house! Adorable.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

So cute and cozy! Love the lights, ikat pillows, and mirror!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Katie, this space is so lovely. I bet you sit out there all the time. The cushions were a smart investment. They are the perfect fit.

Roshan Jha said...

Nice Blog, Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing blog. You can also read our blog : Photo cushion