Thursday, July 18, 2013

Last Minute Birthday Cookout

For months I had been wanting to plan a summer party, and a while back Stephen and I decided we would do a big cookout for his birthday. Well, y'all, his birthday approached and got closer and we still didn't have any definitive plans for the cookout. I had planned on sending out e-invitations, hoping some of my friends from out of town could attend. Then the Fourth of July snuck up on us and before I knew it, his birthday was here. I didn't want to send out the invitations last minute and put any pressure on anyone to attend {especially those out of town} so that idea got canned and we texted invites to fam and friends just a few days before hand. To be honest, that's just how things roll around here. Nothing like the last minute! I had bought some cute paper products at Target a while ago, knowing I would use them for something in the future, but other than that, we threw things together at the very last minute.

-hydrangeas mixed with grocery store flowers-




-the drink station-



-the drink dispenser placed on top of an old water hyacinth vase-


-CHEERS letters made by me-

-homemade ice cream bar-


-silverware in a napkin sealed with washi tape-


Hope you enjoyed! 


11 comments:

Carolina Charm said...

Oh my goodness! I love the flowers, the CHEERS letters and glasses and the ICE CREAM BAR! WOAH - best party ever!!!

pam {simple details} said...

So cute ~ I love last minute get-togethers, no time to stress over all of the details! Who wouldn't love that ice cream bar, and your pom-pom CHEERS is totally fun!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Wow these little details are so cute! Love!

eas said...

I love the Cheers sign you made and everything is just so sweet and adorable! Last minute?!Love it!

In the Pink said...

I love this!! I decided last night that we're going to do a gender reveal party a week from today...so I'm also trying to get things figured out last minute! I love the wrapped silverware in the bucket - I have a little pink bucket and I was trying to figure out how to use it!

April of Smidge Of This said...

The Cheers sign ... oh. my. word. I will be copying you on this one, dear friend. :)

Ashley Carole (Sweet Carolina Belle) said...

Oh my i love how the ice cream bar came together!! What a beautiful last minute party!!

[darci @ the good life] said...

Can you throw together a great party in no time or what??? I love the ice cream bar set-up.... very cute!

Colleen Sullivan said...

What a great little party with such sweet details! Love it!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love the pom pom "CHEERS" and ice cream station! Good work!

Nat said...

We are always pulling things off at the last minute too. Love all the details and an ice cream bar is such a good idea!