Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

Good Morning all!  Here is a little recap of our weekend that I promised, it was one of the best Thanksgiving weekends I can remember.

We started off Thursday morning with Stephen's family at his Grandmother's home. We had a little extra time so we took some pictures for our Christmas card. This one was not what we chose (can't reveal that just yet!) but it was a close call. Keeping the dogs entertained was hard, I can't imagine what it will be like one day with kiddos in the picture!

 His grandmother still has a "working farm" and these are some of the cows that we went to feed after lunch. They had to eat Thanksgiving too!

Every year the guys in my family take this photo. 
They drop the turkey in the fryer and have a "boot" of beer. Ever seen one before?

The place setting at the table- Mom is so talented! I love the blue and white.

I made the sweet potato casserole and it was a hit. It was a new recipe but I think its a keeper.

Early birthday celebration for me at a fabulous restaurant, Mez!

 Tailgating bright and early Saturday morning with my sister!

Every game the band comes by our tailgate and this guy on the end follows them and pretends he is part of the band-it's hilarious!

This is part of our group with a local celeb- David Thompson (center)- who was a famous basketball player for NC State years ago. We lured him to our tailgate with the fabulous wings that my brother and Stephen made.

That's it for now! Is anyone else struggling with the post holiday slump like I am this morning?! I am hoping the coffee kicks in and I don't drag all the way through Monday. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! xoxo

2 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

We tried to get a christmas card photo this weekend too and it definitely IS harder with kids... we finally gave up and will just pick the one we look best in :) Your moms place settings are so pretty!

natasha {schue love} said...

Oh my goodness...I am in LOVE with your pups...especially Tucker! I have a golden named Wilson and he is just a little lover! :)