Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekend in Asheville

We had a jam packed, beautiful fall weekend in Asheville this past weekend. The weather was perfect- chilly in the morning and it warmed up to low 60's during the day. This is going to be a long one, hope you enjoy!

Friday we started out lunch at Neo Cantina. In honor of a long weekend, we ordered white sangria- so refreshing and delicious.

The food was even better. I have never had such an amazing quesadilla in my life. I'm still dreaming about it and I will probably try to recreate it soon! It's called "the Asheville" and is packed with goat cheese, spinach, pico de gallo and black beans. 


We shopped all afternoon and had dinner at the club, but I was too tired to think about taking photos. After dinner, my sister introduced me to a "Dirty Shirley" which might be my new favorite cocktail....have you had one? It's a Shirley Temple with Vodka! Brilliant.

This is the view overlooking the golf course from the club we stay at. It's beautiful.


Then we went antique shopping and I found an irresistible bench for Stephen's man room. After that we headed to the Biltmore Estate, along with about 8,000 other people. It was SO crowded. I guess that is what happens the first weekend the Christmas decorations are up in the house! We had a blast touring and walking around the estate, nonetheless.









 Saturday night, we went back and had dinner at the Biltmore Inn. There is now a winery, several restaurants and the Inn on the property of the Estate. The girls continued their fun at a wine tasting before dinner!




And at the Inn for dinner...




My grandma lives in Asheville and she joined us for dinners both nights. It was so nice to be with her on Veteran's Weekend...my Grandpa was there in spirit. 
I thought about our Veterans all weekend long, including my sweet Grandpa. God Bless them! 



No comments: