Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Warning, more food: Tomato Tortellini Soup

Tonight I made my favorite soup recipe that I bring out every fall. Back during my Meredith College years, my old roommate Ashley and I made this for our other old roommate, Olivia when she had her tonsils taken out. We saw it in a magazine, tore it out and made it on a whim. I think it might have come from our old favorite magazine, Domino? It happened to be a great hit and I have been making it ever since. I am also a major fan of a recipe that doesn't have one hundred ingredients, completely defeating the purpose of "eating in" and spending less. Seriously though, it is so good!  

TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP
Ingredients:
-2 14 ounce cans of chicken or vegetable broth
-1 9 ounce package tortellini (I use the refrigerated, any kind)
-1/2 of an 8 ounce tub of chive and onion cream cheese
-1 10 3/4 condensed tomato or tomato bisque soup

Instructions:
In a medium saucepan bring broth to boiling.
Add tortellini, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whisk 3/4 of the broth into the cream cheese. Whisk until mixed.
Return mixture to saucepan and add tomato soup. Heat through.
Optional- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese

I took a photo of it tonight, I promise it is even better than this leads on!

In other news our poor coffee pot bit the dust this morning. Ahem, as in somebody broke it, it was not me though! So, this gives me a great reason to stop and get one of these tomorrow morning. Haven't tried it yet, can't wait! After looking at the nutritional info, it will be a definite tall, nonfat...whipped cream debatable. 


Have any great soup recipes to share? Or, perhaps where I can buy a replacement Cuisinart Coffee Pot? Have a great night! xo

No comments: