Monday, March 27, 2017

Grocery Store Flowers + Ginger Jars


I saw an instagram post from The Pink Pagoda {a favorite of mine!} that got my wheels spinning on the way grocery store flowers take on a sophisticated look when paired with a pretty blue and white vase. I know I've done it many times before, but I wanted to search for inspiration photos to keep in mind next time I am at the grocery store! I took a big chance and ordered a "wildflower" bouquet on my online grocery order on Saturday and ended up with a decent pink and yellow bouquet. I immediately trimmed them down so the blooms were close to the edge of the lid of the vase. I think cheaper flowers like these look better in a tight form with out much stem showing...





Here were some other inspiration photos I found, all with flowers you can easily find at your local grocery store. Our flower departments really don't have a ton of selection, especially this time of year, so I just included the staples most stores will have...

Pretty pink roses always pair well with blue and white. I love how the low jar makes it seem a little more casual yet still beautiful.


The contrast of yellow with blue is an eye catcher. Grab about a dozen and half tulips for this arrangement.

source unknown

Use several different flower varieties in the same color family in a mix of jars for this look! Makes daisies even look pretty. 


My all time favorite- hydrangeas! Sometimes these are a little harder to find and trickier to keep perky coming from the store. Buy them the day you need them for a table setting or party...


Another pop of yellow against the blue in the form of spring branches...


Hope y'all are inspired!

2 comments:

Owen Davis @ Davis Duo said...

Beautiful! Fresh flowers make me sooo happy!

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

LOVE! I've got to start doing this more often!