Thursday, April 17, 2014

Our New Home

As some of you already know- we have big news in the form of a new house! I'm still a little shocked myself since it happened so fast. Stephen is in real estate and we are constantly bouncing emails back and forth on homes in the area- what we like, what we want 10 years from now, etc. We had only slightly, slightly began to explore the idea of starting to scout around for a bigger house. Not for extra bedroom purposes {in case anyone is wondering!} but just because we felt like we were in tight quarters in our home. We love our home, but we really needed a little more space. 

Once I saw our new house, I fell in love. I mean, hard. It has a water view {gasp! something I never thought we would have!}, a traditional floor plan {my favorite}, a large yard with plenty of mature landscaping {major}, and plenty of character. We took one look and suddenly we were head first in the real estate game, looking to buy and looking to sell. Things have lined up rather perfectly as well, so I'm getting the feeling that it was simply meant to be. It's crazy to think this house has been in our future all along...God knew exactly what he was doing! Our offer was accepted after a little back and forth, and then after putting our house on the market the next week- it sold in 9 days. So things are going to be changing a lot around here! While I love the bones of the house, it has plenty- and I mean plenty- of upgrading to do. I will give a more detailed recap soon. I am wondering if you would like to see a full tour or work on it room by room? Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments. And keep in mind, there ain't much inside right now but some blue carpet and 70's bead board! Thank you for all of your sweet comments on instagram (@missdixie30) yesterday. 
We feel so blessed for this new home for our family. 

18 comments:

kate said...

Congrats!!! Those huge trees are dreamy! Would love to see a full before tour, then progress as you go:)

francyface said...

Congratulations! Definitely need a full tour, then room by room as you update.

BLovedBoston said...

Congratulations!! New house means new decor - woo hoo!

megan said...

That's great news! Congratulations! Cameron and I are constantly sending each other emails with housing we like, even though we probably won't buy a new one for another year. Can't wait to see your new home and what you do with it! :)

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Congratulations...so beautiful!!!! I have an obsession of looking on zillow and trulia at my dream homes haha...this has to be such an exciting moment! Xx.

KatiePerk said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to see what all you do!

Alisha said...

How exciting! So glad you were able to find something!

melissa said...

Congratulations! A new home to make your own is always such an exciting adventure. And a water view sounds heavenly.

Natasha said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! that is incredible friend...so so so excited for you and the fam. totally seems to be in God's plan and that has to give you a great feeling!! cannot wait to follow along and watch it all unfold and see the new digs OXOX

Tess said...

Well, first of all - Congratulations! And second of all YES.....I would love to see your new home! How exciting!

Delta Daisies said...

New follower and reader here! Love your blog! Congrats on your new home!!! What an exciting time!

Carolina Charm said...

WHAT?! How exciting!!! YES, a tour please! And what a blessing that your home sold in NINE days!?!?! That is CRAZY MEANT TO BE! I hope you plan to take clippings from ALL of your plants in the backyard. It's so fun to look back when your plants grow and think (we've had these since our last home)!

CONGRATULATIONS friend! So happy for y'all! xo

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Home reno fun together!!! Take lots of pics of before and afters and progress in between!!!!! I can't wait! :) :) :)
xx

pam {simple details} said...

Congrats, Katie!!! I'm so excited for you and all the fun you have ahead of you! Absolutely a full tour! :)

Molly said...

Congrats! How exciting! Please room-by-room tour!! Can't wait to see how you update it - I know it will be awesome!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

SO excited for y'all! I'd love to see a full house tour of the house as is, and then you could update us as you go? Room by room or just throughout your process? I'm a big fan of before and after and I know with your fabulous taste, it will be one heck of an after!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

SO excited for y'all! I'd love to see a full house tour of the house as is, and then you could update us as you go? Room by room or just throughout your process? I'm a big fan of before and after and I know with your fabulous taste, it will be one heck of an after!

Ashley said...

Congrats! Yes!!! House tour - before & after. ;-)