Monday, April 14, 2014

Chinese Snowball Viburnum

I'm going to pretend to be a really good gardener for a minute here. Most people my age are not obsessed with having a yard full of pretty blooms like me, but that's fine. Since owning our home for almost five years now, we have added tons of money into the landscaping and I've grown to appreciate plants and gardens more than ever. One of my favorites each Spring is this Chinese Snowball Viburnum. Don't be fooled- these are not hydrangea blooms. The viburnum is a leafy shrub/tree that can get to be enormous (like 10 feet tall). And each Spring that enormous tree gives you tons and tons of snowball like blooms- starting lime green and turning white. If you are a bloom lover like me, you just have to have one of these in your yard! They also bloom again in the fall, added bonus. 


This year I'm taking full advantage of cutting lots of blooms.



I also scored this pretty vase at TJ Maxx last week. There were several others so check your local store if you're interested. 


I love having these before anything else has really popped out for Spring! 



Go ahead and tell me your favorite Spring bloom...and if I've sold you on the snowball viburnum :)


Happy Monday y'all!

11 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

Those flowers are perfect!! I love the freshness they bring!

Sarah O said...

I loe hydrangeas and big bloom plants so this is right up my alley. I will definitely need to add one of these to our yard. Does it need lots of sun or shade?

pam {simple details} said...

Your's is beautiful Katie! I can't believe I don't have one, my parents do and I always love theirs. You've inspired me to add it to my list this spring!

KatiePerk said...

Gorgeous! SOLD!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL...Amazing!!!

JMO said...

Well since hydrangeas are my favorite I am def intrigued by this guy! Love it!

Kelly C said...

Oh my goodness! I wanna go plant one of these right now! I love hydrangeas but hate how they wilt so quickly. Thanks for sharing!

Carolina Charm said...

spring AND fall blooms?! SOLD.

Samma said...

I love my viburnum- obsessed with their scent. My only complaint is how much the blooms shed.

Molly said...

I can't get over how similar they look to hydrangeas! Beautiful - and a double bloom - sold!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Thank goodness gardening is one of Bryce's passions! Like you, I have a huge appreciation for a yard full of beautiful blooms, but I have a horrible black thumb and also a major poison ivy allergy. Every time I have done yard work with Bryce I have somehow ended up with a rash, even when no ivy has been in sight, haha! We are waiting patiently for our hydrangeas to really burst and get big. We do have some limelight hydrangea bushes that are gorgeous and large already!