Saturday, April 20, 2013

Breakfast Traditions

The very first weekend I found out I was pregnant we shared the exciting news with my parents on a trip home.  After discussing the lifestyle changes that I was already making {coffee, certain cheeses, deli meat, seafood, you name it, etc}, my parents told the story of how my Mom started getting hot tea served to her every single morning. She had morning sickness when she was pregnant, and the only thing that could curb that was a hot cup of tea. My Dad took the task upon himself and is still fixing her a hot cup of tea to this day.

That very next Monday morning, what did I get in bed? A hot cup of tea. One of the sweetest gestures of my entire pregnancy. Stephen just took it upon himself to be my tea maker, and continued to do so throughout my entire pregnancy. I'm still getting hot tea fixed for me too! Sometimes in bed, sometimes running around the house with a baby in one hand and a burp cloth in the other.

I think I mentioned how much I loved donuts in those last few months of my pregnancy. I even had other people craving donuts. {You know who you are!} I mean, lets be real, not much can beat a really good donut. It sort of turned into a tradition for us- every Saturday morning Stephen went to Dunkin Donuts and got us our fix. Chocolate iced was my favorite. {To be clear, the regular donut with chocolate icing, NOT a chocolate donut. Don't make that mistake Dunkin.} I could probably have eaten two or three in one sitting, so it's a good thing I only ordered one.

Fast forward to this morning, what did we have for breakfast?


It's funny how traditions are born. Not saying that we will have donuts every single Saturday morning {I wouldn't mind} but I don't think I will ever eat another donut with out thinking about such a sweet time in my life.



11 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

This is so sweet!!! I love a good tradition!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Colleen Sullivan said...

So so sweet :)

Carolina Charm said...

I can't think of anything better to start your day off than a donut and tea!

Unknown said...

looove :) super sweet!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

awww:) that is SO sweet! We don't really have any traditions but my being pregnant has def. brought us closer together. :)

Nat said...

So sweet!! Me and Kyle are huge breakfast fans so ever since we've been married we pick one weekend day and make a huge breakfast. It's such a fun tradition and one I hope we continue even when the baby is here

Samma said...

What a lovely tradition- I think my husband will have to start bringing me hot tea with my next pregnancy!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Aw! I absolutely, positively melt with this sweetness. Great husbands!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Chocolate iced is my fave too!!

Steven sounds like a keeper! ;)

Courtney said...

What a neat story:) Regular with chocolate icing is my favorite too (laughing at you clarifying, we've ended up with chocolate donuts by accident too, ha!) I think I'll be going to Dunkin after preschool pick up!!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

This is so funny because I was in Dunkin Donuts near me and I asked if they had gluten free donuts. I was being sarcastic because that is the only language I speak. He said "soon, they are being tested in Massachusetts". I can't wait...I miss donuts.