Thursday, September 15, 2016

Fall Wardrobe: The Classics

I've been thinking a lot about my wardrobe lately {ok, overthinking} and as usual I feel like something needs to change. I need more options. In my defense, my life has really changed in the past year. I went from one child to two. I went from a 2 year-post-baby body - to pregnant -to the post-baby body again. I started work back last week and I already am scrambling for options. To give you some background, I work in a retail store owned by family {i.e very casual workwear} and when I am working I am working with a baby in tow {i.e. still nursing}. Things need to stay as uncomplicated as possible in my office while I am trying to feed a baby, even if I do have a nice pink curtain to close off my space! After wearing a dress last week {The horror. Just really think it through before you are feeding a baby in your office in a dress, even with that nice pretty pink curtain to give you privacy. It felt very strange to me. I am modest.} I decided I must give in to the button downs. But I am not all that upset about it, because when I browse one of my favorite go-to's- J.Crew- I am really drawn to their classic looks. So, why do I always skip over these pieces? Great question. After coming upon this realization I wanted to pull together a small selection of clothes to really maximize my fall and winter wardrobe. Hoping it can serve a purpose for y'all as well...my main goals here are polished, on trend yet classic. Something I strive for but am finally putting my finger on it! I didn't include my favorite selection of pants, but I think these blouses will work fabulously in the workplace with a pair of straight leg pants or skinnies, or even jeans {if you can go that route} for an effortless look with the right accessories. If they don't work for the workplace, they definitely work for a cute outfit for lunch on the weekend! I'm happy to do a round up of bottoms to go with these pieces if y'all are interested. Did I ever tell you I used to want to be a personal shopper?

I chose pieces that can mix and match with an outer layer, or be worn alone with a fun pop of jewelry.


classics

Not on the list above, but I am smitten over this black and white jacket. I would love to incorporate it into my fall wardrobe. Did you see Olivia Palermo is now working with Banana? Love her style.

Also to come, working on a fun accessories roundup to keep these pieces FUN at the same time!
xo.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Would love to see the bottoms you like. Also nursing and have found that LOFT has some really great blouses too. I love my J.Crew ones, but some of the LOFT prints are so pretty. Can't wait for the accessories post!

Kelly said...

I lived in Piko tops nursing Lilly last fall/winter -- they're stretchy enough to easily fit a baby underneath without having to yank down the neckline to whip out a boob, not to mention comfy and forgiving! I added a couple of colors this fall since it also works for maternity! Yay versatility!

https://clearance.piko.com/collections/all/products/original-3-4-sleeve-top
https://clearance.piko.com/collections/all/products/original-cap-sleeve-top?variant=23524259011

Aine @ Adventures Abroad said...

Yes please do a bottoms post and can you add some shoes into the accessories. I find it really tough to find work shoes I can walk around in, commute that aren't uncomfortable or grandma style!