Friday, August 28, 2015

Living Room Pillows: Debate and Help

Living Room Pillows


This room continues to give me fits- does anyone else have a room like that? Here is an update on the status since I showed you this last time:


I went back and forth with the pillows in the first design and they just didn't feel like me. In my mind, I want a neutral palette but every time I look for throw pillows I am leaning towards color and pattern. As much as I want neutral I guess I just crave color!? Right now, I am really happy with the above pillows. The one must is the leopard- I guess since we are approaching fall it just feels right. The green velvet is a stretch for me, but maybe it could be a lumbar pillow for just a touch. I'm also thinking ahead towards Christmas and how that will play out. I adore the pink linen and greek key, don't you? So, so pretty

In other news, I ripped that jute rug out of the house on Wednesday. {See here for my post on the rug debate} I literally could not stand the shedding, the dogs wallowing in it and all that mess. It just seemed...dirty. Yuck. Even though bare floors are not ideal, it feels so much fresher and I think it will be motivating for finding a new rug. I am leaning towards an indoor/outdoor rug. It doesn't sound as cozy as a nice plush rug but it sounds ideal for our family and two dogs {that like to ruin my rugs}!

As soon as I can get toys cleaned up for 5 minutes I will take some real time pictures for you all. Do you have any great sources for pillows? What are your thoughts on my combination?
Have a wonderful weekend! 

5 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Oooh, I love little challenges like this! :) So I was just on Emily Clark's blog and noticed a photo from Eddie Ross - I love how he paried the leopard pillows with bright fabrics with more texture and trims. Maybe one or two like that with your solids? Also just noticed on The Pusrsuit of Style, she is selling a a pillow that would be a pretty mix with leopard and your pink. You know I'm going to be thinking of this all day! Haha!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the leopard, I have two and they go with anything. I think they are totally neutrals.

Natasha said...

EMERALD GREEN!!!!!!!!

A Peachy Sonder said...

I really love the pillows you picked- you have fabulous taste! I think that the touch of green will look really nice. Good luck with your rug shopping! Can't wait to see photos!

Owen Ross Davis said...

I LOVE the pink and green!! Emerald is beautiful but kind of reminds me of a grandma :) however with your amazing taste I know any of them would look great in that room!