Monday, June 22, 2015

Meal Planning Lunches


Does anyone else struggle with what to have for lunch? I feel like its always a task to have the right foods at home, being fresh and what we actually feel like eating. Nothing worse than buying food that goes to waste, right? On the days I am at home with Weeks, Stephen will end up bringing us something, a lot of times just for convenience, not necessarily something we really want {Chic Fila salads or Panera most likely}. I have been trying out some new lunches that have been hits so far, and I've got a new plan for this week. Here are a few recipes for you...

I made these Vegetarian wraps last week and I would say they are a keeper! I don't mind anything vegetarian, Stephen probably would've preferred some kind of meat in there. They were easy to throw together and were yummy.


I found this recipe for Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad but I plan on switching it up a little. I wont use as much mayo and I will probably dice my avocado and serve it in a bowl or on a wrap. Planning ahead, I will chop everything ahead of time so at lunch time it just has to be thrown together and is fresh.


I have everything I need for this Greek Chopped Salad and can't wait to try it out! Not that a Greek salad is anything new, but I haven't tried this recipe yet. Seems so refreshing and light, perfect for a healthy lunch. I most definitely will be adding feta to mine, too.


I've got a few variations of wraps I am trying out and will be sure to share if they are good. In the meantime, I pin a ton of recipes to this board. What are your go-to lunches? Do share!  


5 comments:

Ashley Carole (Sweet Carolina Belle) said...

All three of those ideas sound great! I have been packing caprese salads with quinoa for extra protein for lunch.

Kristen {Miss Southern} said...

I made the chick pea greek salad last week and LOVED it!!!

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

Agreed - I have such a hard time meal planning in general! I will go a week or so being really good and then back to not doing it - great summer options!

Zelle B. said...

So glad I'm not the only one who struggles with lunch time! I like to take my lunch to work but I run out of healthy ideas!
xo Southern Style

Stephanie Chalk said...

Yum, these all look delicious! I am now craving a Greek salad! Xo, Stephanie