Thursday, January 29, 2015

Credit Where Credit Is Due

I'm sure y'all have seen the text circulating around that Kristin Cavallari's husband and quarterback Jay Cutler sent her after she had been out of town. Seriously cracks me up. I know we have all been there! I specifically remember a few times back in the early newborn days when we were both adjusting to life with a new baby. One time, in back to back diaper changes/blowouts, I remember Stephen complaining that he always got stuck with a "double whammy". Those aren't typical words in our vocabulary, proof of sleep deprivation, which really cracked me up so I have remembered it since. And then there was the time I got to go pick up takeout for our dinner and I got a text saying he started crying as soon as I walked out the door. Fun memories, really. I love thinking back to those days!



Anyway, on the news this morning they were giving tips on how Dads can be more like Moms, when they aren't around. Umm...ok. Thank the Lord things are much more even in our house. I can leave Stephen with Weeks {or is it, Weeks with Stephen?} and not worry...he is a spectacular Dad. And, we share most duties, he is always helpful. I got lucky, I know! In fact, I am likely to be the one sending out the hail mary text, begging for a "me moment"...just yesterday was proof! 


Ha! I love how he immediately reverts back to the grocery list I had just sent too. But really, we've all been there. After a long day, I just needed like 5 minutes to be off duty...to go to the bathroom...anything.

So tell me, what is your funniest Mommy/Daddy text!!! 

2 comments:

Jamie @ The Jamie's + 1 said...

Last week my hubby was out of town and I got the dreaded stomach bug... I sent him a picture of me crying... Worst week ever. When he finally got home 3 days later I went to our bedroom at 6:00 PM and didn't come back out until the next morning!! Thankful for wonderful daddy's/husband!!!

Mallory said...

This is so me today. No naps and just sent the same text to the hubs lol....Is it Friday yet??!