Thursday, September 4, 2014

Summer Days...and Fall









Can you believe that summer is over? I really can't! I know we were wrapped up in house projects most of the summer, but we did get a few good beach & boat days in, finally. We realized yesterday that a day on the water is so much more exhausting with a toddler and two dogs than we remembered it being. I was tired all day! As much as I am sad to see one of my favorite seasons end, I always look forward to the beginning of fall. Well, usually it's like a mild version of summer for us here that I look forward to...new things like tailgating, changing out my pots, fall foods of course!!!, taking out my fall decor and rotating my closet around. I am always ready to pull on a pair of jeans about this point and grab my boots! Oh, and one of my favorite parts about fall? I love coming home at the end of the day and putting on some comfortable sweat pants and a sweatshirt. And don't even get me started on my favorite robe being acceptable for lounging in most of the day. Also, the steamy humidity and the mosquitoes...I'm over them. So, so long summer, I guess I'm ready for you fall. 

3 comments:

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Love, love, love! Cheers to life on the water!!! xx

Unknown said...

I'm definitely sad to say goodbye to summer but thankful that I don't have to just yet. Being in Florida provides us a few more great weekends of life on the water. The best part of kids in the sun and water is that they are twice as exhausted by the days end!!

Owen Ross Davis said...

Your little babe is the cutest! So sad to see beach days coming to an end but excited about cool weather and everything Fall!