Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

Good Morning Everyone! How was your weekend? I can't complain, mine was pretty nice. We went to Raleigh with the purpose of going to the NCSU/FSU basketball game, but that ended up being quite the blowout so let's talk about what else we did!

Roasted marshmallows on the fire on Friday night...


 I had not noticed it before, but I told my mom I was impressed with the herringbone pattern in the fireplace. Love it!

My mom and I zipped over to Printer's Alley on Saturday morning to get lining for my living room drapes that I am having made, and I ended up finding some new fabric to recover the dining room chairs. I mentioned in this post for the year that there are several areas of the house I want to tackle and the dining room is one of them. This new fabric is the first step and I am so pumped to freshen up this room. I started recovering the chairs yesterday afternoon...what do you think?


After the basketball game, my brother and hubs were ready for a few beers so went and sat on the patio at Linwood Grill and had this buffalo chicken dip. We told ourselves that was hot sauce, not grease on the top {better be...}! 



And that night we went to dinner with my parents at Mez, where we also had dined on my birthday. The margarita was delish as usual.


Yesterday on our way home, I convinced Stephen to make a pit stop at the J.Crew outlet, always a nice stop! I found some great spring finds including these... 


A twist on the chambray top....I love comfy, easy shirts like this in the summer you can throw on with white jeans or a bright colored short.


And these denim shorts...they are stretch and so soft, I cannot wait to wear these on a Saturday lounging around the house and outside on the deck. I invested in a J Brand pair last summer and didn't know what I was missing until then. You can't beat the price of these either.

I also grabbed this that I mentioned in this post. I couldn't find it on the factory site, but it is here in the regular store. 

What do you think? PS-J.Crew factory is still open today with additional 30% off prices if you need a shopping fix today!


By the way, most of these pictures were taken on my instagram. I have had it forever but not followed anyone. Are you on it? Let me know your name if you want to follow me! 

What did you all get into this weekend? I hope it was a great one...xoxo.


14 comments:

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Love that fabric!!!

Savannah said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love the ideas you have for your dining room!

Sarah said...

Looks like such a great weekend!! Love me some buffalo chicken dip, but I've never seen it served in a restaurant before. The drapes/chair covers look fab! Love that look!! And JCrew outlet? Yes please! I apparently missed the warehouse that set up here for a month. Still super bummed about that.

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Looks like it was a lovely weekend for you, Katie! So glad to hear that. We def need to follow each other on Instagram. My name is @PeakofTresChic.

XO,

Sam

Ashley {styleash} said...

It sounds like you had such a fun weekend & I love everything you picked up from J.Crew Outlet! I wish there was one close to my house! Happy Monday, love!

Courtney B said...

The fabric looks sooooo CUTE on your dining chairs. LOVE it.
The clothes you bought totally have me craving spring! So ready for it!

CALLIE said...

Buffalo Chicken Dip is the best!! Yumm!!!

And I'm loving the dining room curtains and cushions. Adorable!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Im in love with the curtains and chair fabric! Looks like a wonderful weekend

The Sister Studio said...

Love the fabric and the color! Great purchase! Looks like you had an amazing weekend! My Instagram is @gigireed - I'm excited to follow you! :)

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Cute finds! What a great weekend! We spent ours in Chicago celebrating the hubs 30th!

pam {simple details} said...

Fun fabric, love the mix with your traditional chairs, so fresh and updated! Yum, what a fun weekend!

Val said...

Buffalo Chicken Dip and Margaritas...sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

Amanda said...

Yum! And the chairs look perfect! I'm impressed. Sounds like my kind of weekend: DIY and delicious food. Too bad you're so far :(

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Seems pretty much like a perfect weekend!