Monday, September 11, 2017

Quick and Easy Taco Soup!

I made this Taco Soup on Sunday night and knew I had to share it with you guys immediately. I don't know about you all but I need more quick fix and healthy dinners in my life, and this one could be a staple for fall. I slightly modified the original recipe by substituting turkey in for ground beef to make it even lighter. I put a handful of multigrain tortilla chips on top with a dollop of sour cream. SO good y'all. And I think it took me less than 15 minutes to throw it together. I made it around 4 pm and then let it simmer on low until it was time for dinner, which made the dinner hour so much less hectic.





Ingredients:

1- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups water
1 can chili beans (do not drain)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can stewed tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can petite diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 packet ranch seasoning mix
 (all cans are standard size cans)

toppings- tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese

Directions:

-In a soup pot over medium-high heat, cook ground turkey until fully cooked. Drain. Return to soup pot and add taco seasoning and mix together.
-Add in the remaining ingredients and stir together. I broke up the stewed tomatoes with a knife before I added them in (you could also blend them).
-Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, or longer if desired.
-Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese! 


1 comment:

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

Yum and yum! Bring on soups and perfect Fall recipes for sure! xo