Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hanging Tip + New Art

Allow me to introduce you to my favorite hanging trick ever.
Toothpaste.

So it's new to me, maybe not to you. But I have been hanging things on my walls for a long time and never knew about this trick. I first tried it in the nursery on our gallery wall. Absolutely comes in handy when you have multiple things to hang and want to be precise. 

Here's the trick:
Dab toothpaste on the back of your hardware that will hang your frame. Once each hook has a dab of toothpaste, press it up against your wall. The toothpaste will leave behind a mark(s) where your nail(s) should go.

This was especially helpful for the dreaded triangular hooks- I didn't have the time or patience to mess with picture wire.


So easy and painless to hang these babies.

 



These ginger jar prints are from the fabulous shop of The Pink Pagoda. I'm so in love with them. Find mine here and here. They are finally the finishing touch on my room that I needed. I am on a budget and didn't want to spend a fortune on framing so I scoured Hobby Lobby for the best looking gold frame and mat. These 16x20 frames were a steal- $29.99 and half off- so $15, and the mats were about $5 I think. They look pretty nice if I do say so myself!


I also found a few new pretties last weekend in the form of blue and white porcelain goodness. Score!

8 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

They're gorgeous in your dining room, Katie, love the mix with your pillows! Jennifer's shop is so tempting!

In the Pink said...

The toothpaste trick is the best idea!!! I will have to remember that. Love your new ginger jar prints!

KatiePerk said...

Great job and what a neat trick! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful room!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Love those ginger jar prints! What a great tip. Definitely keeping this one in mind. I remember hearing something about toothpaste at one point in time, and now it all makes sense. Thanks!

Happily Ever Parker said...

I have tried the toothpaste trick but somehow still mess it up. I like to take washi tape across the back of the photo and mark where the hooks are. I then tape the washi tape on the wall - level it - and hang!

Miss Southern Prep said...

Love those prints!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I always love your home updates ... SO gorgeous! You have great style and what a simple and clever tip about the toothpaste. :)

Ashley said...

Brilliant! I hate hanging pictures can it always seems to take forever. Totally remembering this trick for next time!