Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Consumed

Hey friends! How is everyone's week going? I have to tell you I have been completely consumed by crossing things off my list in order to get ready for our trip. Here's a little fact about me- when I have something like this to look forward to, every other hobby or enjoyment takes a backseat- so I haven't been searching for a single new thing for my home, the house is dirty and we have been semi slack on cooking lately. A few weeks ago when our dear friends came in town all I did was think about getting the guest room ready and didn't think twice about clothes or prepping my closet for Spring. 
So, right now...this is all I can think about...


And this is what I feel like.

{via}

But I did want to be totally caught up before I leave, so here's a few photos of things lately.

{a new suit}

{tucker on his 4th birthday!}

{some pretty flowers from my mother-in-laws garden- called mock orange}

{successful try at making crab cakes! anyone else like them?}

{good thing I remembered my passport! Such a thrill for me to get it stamped, by the way}

{one of my pretty roses blooming, a gift from friends for our first anniversary}

{blurry but a good representation of our bed this week!}

 The reason I post these pictures is because I love seeing them on other blogs, I hope you don't mind! What have you been up to lately?

And for some great news, I have several amazing ladies who will be posting while I am on vacay, so make sure to check back for some really fun posts! I'm hoping this vacation will leave me refreshed + inspired. Y'all have a great rest of the week!! xoxo.

14 comments:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

tucker is amazing, that crabcake looks delish, and have a blast on vacay!

eas said...

I am so jealous! Can't wait to see pics. Crab cakes are my husband's fave and I used the Paula Deen recipe.

Elizabeth James said...

love that suit!! where is it from? have fun on your vacay!!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I hope you have a great time on your trip!!!! Can't wait to see pics! :)

Hilary said...

I can totally relate to being totally consumed by whatever it is I'm looking forward to! And I love the pics! ...At least your bed is made :)

Laura said...

Love your photos! Hope you have an amazing time :)

Laura xo

viv said...

You're going to have an amazing time! Now I want to go away too!!

Ashley said...

Such a cute suit! One of my favorite parts about traveling is getting my passport stamped- I love looking back through them!

pam {simple details} said...

Very cute suit! Do you have a fun hat to go with it? Rio just turned 4 too! And, we love crab cakes, but I don't make them often! Have FUN!!

Allyson McGuire said...

Love the swimsuit! Also...LOVE crab cakes - those look so good!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Love the new suit! I made she crab soup last night, I love anything with crab in it; your cakes look delish. Good luck packing :)

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

those crabcakes look yummy- you will have to share the recipe - hope you are having a great time on your trip!

Ariane said...

I love pictures like this! It's so much fun to sneak a peek into people's daily lives.

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

um, WHERE is that bathing suit from! I LOVE!